Sunday, August 24, 2014

Halloween School Bus?

OK, Not Really, but....

The Inspiration for Magazine Mondays at Paper Crafter's Corner, Week 64, was a really cute school bus and I immediately knew what I wanted to do.  A simple layout about our bus conversion with before and after photos.  After a few hours looking for pictures, I found two that would work ok, but I could not put the colors with any background or get any real ideas on where to go with it.  So, I went to my Silhouette and saw the school bus svg I had (from Lettering Delights) and it hit me.  An interactive layout with each layer opening in some way to display pictures of the process.  But the darn thing wouldn't cut (I admit nothing).  SO... a change of directions.  Maybe I just wasn't meant to start something new when I still have piles of UFP's (unfinished projects).  So I grabbed my Halloween layouts from last October and finished them.





Then I created two more pages to finish telling the story




As I was outlining the title letters and webbing on the last page, I realized why my Silhouette didn't want to cut and of course, I had to go back to my bus idea to see if I could figure this out.  I did!  However, now there is not enough time to put the entire thing together, but I thought I'd show you what I did get done, along with a picture of what our bus looked like when we bought it.




I don't want this to end up another UFP, so I'll be working on it as time allows and will post the finished layout.

3 comments:

Marianne B in AZ said...

Wow, this challenge really inspired you to get a lot done!

So is this the before or after of your bus?

Marianne B in AZ said...

Never mind, I read that this is when you bought it.

nancy carroll said...

You go, so glad you got the Silhouette to work, but what an amazing amount of WONDERFUL Layouts you got done!!! EVERYTHING IS STUNNING...