Thursday, August 14, 2014

2014 Summertime Photographic Scavenger Hunt

A Very Tiny Water Fall


OK, it's not really a waterfall, but with my limited budget for fuel, I don't think I'll be driving anywhere that actually has water this time of year.  I had hoped to grab a shot of a monsoon runoff somewhere, but during the heaviest rains, I realized that I stay in when it's raining.  I'm pretty sure the road closures would keep me from getting very far.  For those of you not familiar with the summer rains (monsoons) in the Arizona desert, it rains very hard for a short time, causing flash floods in little pockets everywhere.  If you are caught out driving during the storm, you might find one or two road closures on your way home.  No big deal 'cuz the water runs off as fast as it came and you can be on your way in no time.  I had also thought I could add a photo or two of the "waterfall" inside our house when the wind blows the rain hard against our porch room.  It runs down the windows mighty fast.  But the wind has not been in the right direction, so I am presenting my idea of a very tiny waterfall.  My friend has this beautiful fountain in her yard and we took this picture during my visit last week.  I enjoyed it's beauty every bit as much as I do massive waterfalls.  Be sure to stop by Gallo Organico and read about the photo challenge for this summer and join the fun.

1 comment:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Thanks for the description of Arizona monsoons. I've heard the reference but never understood them. And thanks for joining the hunt.