Sunday, September 28, 2014

PCC Magazine Mondays Week 69

Puzzle Fun

Our inspiration for Magazine Mondays - Week 69 at Paper Crafter's Corner is a fun cover from New Yorker Magazine.  I can see so many ideas here, but the first thing I thought of was all the jig saw puzzles I have done with my Dad over the years.  It's been a favorite activity all my life, so much so that I will take any challenge, with any puzzle, any time.


The top picture is Dad and I working a puzzle of the Grand Canyon while traveling through Utah and Arizona in our RV's.  The bottom picture is the last puzzle we did together just about two years ago.



My layout is simple, and a good reminder of all the fun we had.  I cut the green puzzle background with my silhouette and left it on the cutting mat.  After I pulled out a few pieces, I removed the outside border piece and ran tape over all the pieces while they were still secure on the mat. Then I just laid the yellow piece on the green and gently pulled it all away from the Silhouette mat.  The random pieces are popped up at different levels and the journaling will be on the second page (that I will make when I find the rest of the pictures taken over the years).

6 comments:

JPScraps said...

I love this layout! Especially those puzzle pieces. I'll have to remember this when I get to the puzzle photos I have.

Suzi said...

Wow! I am totally impressed with your technique! The results are fantastic!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Love your layout and absolutely love that you were inspired to use jigsaw puzzles! Great idea and super fun layout!

nancy carroll said...

Awesome take on the challenge, such a fun LO. Glad to see you are using the Silhouette!

Rebecca rande said...

the puzzle mat is perfect for this photo!!! love how you also added a smaller photo of the finished puzzle

Donna B. said...

What a pretty and special layout. I love how you interpreted the challenge photo.