Saturday, July 5, 2014

Paper Crafters Corner Week 57 Magazine Monday

It's down to the wire, but I finished my entry for Week 57, Magazine Monday over at Paper Crafters Corner.  Our inspiration this week is awesome:


And here are my bookmarks:

I chose to make bookmarks because Monday, our monthly craft group, is making bookmarks for our library.  That is where we meet and we want to give back.  I love red, white, and blue, and stars and stripes.  Who wouldn't like having a red, white, and blue bookmark?  We hope to create several hundred and I wanted to get some ideas made to see how long they would take and what supplies I will need.  I made one more patriotic one that is drying and six others for summer and little boys.  (I'll post pictures after we make more Monday).  Some have sayings on the back instead of the front.  The stars and borders are from my Fiskars punches and and all the bookmarks are two or three layers for durability.  So much fun.

I hope you all had a Great 4th of July!

5 comments:

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Gorgeous bookmarks!!! Love all the different ways you made them especially!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love making book marks. It's nice for there to be a purpose for my crafting sometimes!
Rinda

TracyM #6773 said...

YIKES - I completely forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS on winning the challenge Sandy :)
... not sure if my 1st comment went through OK, so I will say it again - FUN & FABULOUS bookmarks, LOVE the stars!!! Dare I confess that this starry border punch is my "current" favourite, especially with sparkly glitter paper :)

Marianne B in AZ said...

Live these bookmarks, Sandy! Your library will too! What a nice thing for your group to do in the way of giving back

Suzi said...

Way to go, Sandy! I love them! I may have to lift them!